This is a long time that the session made me feel absurd. For those who do not know, The Absurd Session is a weekly midnight screening in New Latina, rue du Temple, dedicated to nanars or what approaches it. Each week, fans of series Z cults or are intended to meet the future Marais in the film for one or more films preceded by trailers for feature films of the same ilk, all in a friendly atmosphere, stirred, a good evening with friends is to comment on the film because it is a little here for. I had never been there, but former lover (it goes back too far!) Film Bis Cinematheque, the time when these double sessions nanars took place in the hall of the Grands Boulevards, I had one day either to go there.
appointment was made with a friend, connoisseur of the Absurd, and we here is trimmed to three for a midnight screening unbridled. The film that night was in full Christmas theme, perfect for the season: Jack Frost . A short film Snowman serial killer in the bundles that you tell me the news: a serial killer who terrorized the country by linking the bloodiest murders each other is en route to the prison where he will be executed . But it snowed heavily the night of his transfer and his convoy collided with a truck transporting a substance classified. In the accident, Jack Frost (the killer question), sees the contents of the famous substance spill on him and liquefy in seconds. But he is not dead. Here it can take different forms derived from water snow, ice, steam ... Transformed snowman, he returned to the city where he was arrested in revenge for the sheriff who put him behind bars ...
That is what they prepared Saturday night. Some regulars came dressed for the occasion, and suddenly I felt income last year when I tasted Rocky Horror Picture Show at Studio Galande . The spirit is clearly the same, animation for the film and less. Still, that Saturday night, while my friends and I expected the doors open, which I see happen to the fund, a small lightweight sweater with sleeves rolled up, sneakers and feet two bags in hand? Ah yes, the hilarious Man Plastic Bags . Man with sneakers (he sale, snow, he does not otherwise appear shoes there ...). Plastic Man. Call it what you want, but whatever its name, it always comes for a rare film or a special screening. And saw how he was talking with one of the organizers of the evening, it seems obvious that man to plastic bags is a regular meeting of the Absurd. This does not surprise me, ultimately, he haunt the Cinematheque, a celebration of cinema Bis.
But that evening, the man with plastic bags is heard. Once there, he discovers that Jack Frost is projected VF. "It is not possible, it sucks! I purposely stayed in Paris to see if I had known he was in VO I'm gone! I had to take a train today, but I stayed to express it! Pffff ... ". Of course, this is a rant that used to take everybody with a smile. We know he will still stay and go to his usual post at the top ... After all, it's a fact, good big nanars are even better in VF, with a forced dubbing!
admissions, while everyone is taking place, the man with the plastic bags will actually be posting directly to the front row! While one of the organizers of this evening and announce the program Absurd Upcoming sessions (including a special Dolph Lundgren makes me, I confess, very envy!), Plastic Man goes there for his comments, I see him waving to the presenter, but I'm too far away to hear it. Moment of laughter when the presenter announced that they will pass soon Top Gun by Tony Scott and the opportunity to organize a competition of look-alike Tom Cruise (excellent!). At that moment, Father Christmas (yeah that's how what was dressed presenter of the evening!) Turned to our friend in the front row and said "You I know if you know but you'd be good lookalike Tom Cruise! You're the middle .... " My friends laugh, and me too, while saying he did not wrong, Father Christmas, it might be something the man with plastic bags ...
The film finally begins, and our big fat nanar is taking place before our eyes. A dash of ridicule, a pinch of bad actors, a tad of anything, and now our snowman killer unleashed passions in the room, especially when dealing with Shannon Elizabeth, immortalized in the air boobs in American Pie and which appeared here as a young debutante with a fierce little sad end just naked in the bathroom. Of course the film ends with a pole stretched for a possible suite, which has been filmed three years later, in 2000, with the same distribution (for those who did make it ...). The Absurd but stopped meeting there at 2 o'clock in the morning.
As usual, once the end credits finished and the room turned back, the man with plastic bags caught his business and scampered off like crazy. One would think that it was hoped to catch the last metro, but knowing him, I know there is always the case. I do not know if it is more likely that me and my friends who have had no metro or night buses due to weather. But a good walk in the cold and snow, 2 o'clock in the morning after Jack Frost , was finally a nice way to end the night ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment