What makes a great movie? The pleasure has been watching him? The well-being it gives us? Technical perfection it deploys? The excitement it generates, or it makes us feel? All at once? It possible. It may be that. This may be something else. Black Swan is it a great movie? I do not know. I know the discomfort I felt watching it. The malaise in which he plunged me all along.
I know I did not like the main character, Nina Sayers, this young dancer who is offered the lead role in Swan Lake that his company will play in a few weeks . It is under the spotlight and wondered if the other dancers, one in particular, do not envy the confidence granted to him Leroy Thomas, the choreographer. I did not like Nina Sayers. No, wrong. I did not feel empathy for Nina Sayers, which is different. I actually felt empathy for any of the characters Black Swan. Usually, it is quite unacceptable in my appreciation of a film (um ... um ... ... Arnaud Desplechin).
The malaise is left of these characters. He did not stop there. He then dived into the atmosphere. This New York dark, gloomy, depressing. This déglamourisation total of universe he would be so easy to make in the light. But the light in Black Swan, is there only to highlight the dark. Without light, no shade, and it is the shadow that interests Darren Aronofsky. She has always had an interest in Requiem for a dream to The Wrestler to take pleasure or out.
Here the darkness is through obsession. An obsession for perfection leads to physical suffering. This suffering I experienced as a spectator. Aronofsky takes us into the shoes of Nina. I am unable to feel empathy for her, yet I saw it. She lives in the film, his obsession gives his pulse Black Swan. Natalie Portman, future Oscar for Best Actress for this role, devours the character and the film. The frail woman delivers a phenomenal performance. Our eyes and shakes his Nina groans, she dances and twirls, it consumes as much as it explodes.
But this is not only a "performance". Black Swan is not a film that gives pleasure or well-being as can others. Pain on the screen become our pain. Fear on the screen becomes our fear. But where other films disgust of such pressure and such psychological pain, Black Swan deploys virtuosity. A virtuosity that is passion. Attention is drawn into the pain and discomfort. "Swan Lake" echoes of the storm and the obsession was born.
I did not enjoy watching Black Swan. I have suffered. I squirmed in my seat to face the horrors of heroin I did not like but which fascinated me. But behind the pain gradually raised the power to an incandescent emotions. I did not enjoy watching Black Swan. It does not make me feel well-being. But it got me hooked, glued, fascinated. He took me round the waist and carried me away in the depths of human darkness, where light is so weak that it breaks out of a dazzling whiteness. Black Swan is it a great movie? Sure.
0 comments:
Post a Comment