Saturday, February 19, 2011

Info On Original Pokemon List

Remembrance ... I almost see The Lost World Spanish

When I started The impossible Blog cinema, a primary goal was to tell my adventures in the cinemas as well as talking the movies I saw. What is unfortunate is that if, with all my expeditions in the cinemas in Paris, I meet people and lives of offset situations that I can not help but describe in these pages, my life as a spectator did not start in December 2008 with this blog. I took my first steps of viewers in the 80's, discovered my desire for cinema in the 90s, and developed my love of cinema in the 2000s. That's a lot of adventures. Stories to tell. Some forgotten, certainly. Other engraved in my memory.

So naturally, the thought began to trot in my head, why not share some memories of spectators in shorts and cinémaniaque become lingering in the recesses of my memory for almost thirty years (it's so little and yet it seems so much already ...), over the blog, more or less regularly? Wait, I discuss with my editorial board ... what do you think David? Not bad idea, it can be fun. Go go. Awarded.

But where to start? The list of films, movies and memories are long. My first memory of cinema, I already told , no need to target the chronology anyway my memory is not good enough for that. So according to your desires and flashes of the past, it will be funnier. Why not a little sunshine in this gray day in February ... Let me tell you how I almost see The Lost World English. Yes to be original, I'll tell you how I have not seen a movie. Why not.

Replace your watches back fourteen years. You can make yourself a mental picture of the day? About me. It's summer 1997 and I'm not yet 16. Good son that I am divorced, summer the benefit from it twice, and after the Normandy with my mother in July, Spain's direction with my father (although it must have a good family heartbreak!). I remember the road, long (by car!), To the outskirts of Valencia, not far from the coast. A home perched on an uphill road, a house inhabited by an old English friends of friends of my father, a swimming pool in the garden, two beautiful sisters one of whom English was my age.

How long we stayed, I do not know. What did our days (Apart from the pool ...) I do not know. But I remember that in these days of August 1997, The Lost World, the long awaited sequel to Jurassic Park was already released in Spain. Probably one of the films I expected more this year. Spielberg again, after one of the best ever produced in Hollywood blockbusters, how not to look forward to such a film event? Unfortunately, France at the time was the champ to take out the most anticipated films long after the battle, the hex dispensers are preferred in summer and chilly launch their big movies in the fall (aaah, ... The Phantom Menace). Result, while the whole world had been entitled to the Lost World during summer 97, in France, he had to wait until October to find out. The advent of Internet piracy have at least forced distributors to not wait months to release their blockbusters.

But at 97, the idea of waiting for a movie was quite different, and the prospect of The Lost World ahead has arisen for me. The two sisters went out one night with English friends to go see him and offered us in the excellent French that they speak (much better than my English), my sister and me to go see it with them. In retrospect, I realize that summer day in 1997, I demonstrated one of my first acts cinémaniaque. While my sister jumped at the chance and accepted the offer of the sisters ... I declined. The prospect of going out with young English (e) s were beautiful tempt me, the nuns had warned us that the film is dubbed in English and not in the original.

At the time, the idea of going to see movies other than VO did not bother me too, but there was not VF. This was to see one of the greatest films I expected in a foreign language that I find it hard to follow, and I certainly would not understand much about the dialogues. And I was expecting too much for me to settle for a version that I barely understand. No way to see him in English. I said no. I said no to the pretty English (one of the sisters was crisp ...), not a movie I could almost see three months before the French release, much to the surprise of my father who did not understand how I could say no to such a proposal. And I must admit that today, if I could turn back time, I change my mind and I would see, The Lost World English. The thrill of confrontation Hollywood dinosaurs Spielberg would readily appreciate left in English, I am now certain.
My sister had returned from the evening enthusiastic, telling me that I hallucinated seeing how the Spaniards behaved in the room, coming and going often to fetch drinks, pop-corns and others, not as wise as in France. She also told me the movie without me spoiler, telling me what she had understood.

We left Spain a few days later, leaving me to regret this double passing next to a lovely English Spielberg and a preview. I finally saw The Lost World more than two months later in Paris, noting in passing that my sister did not quite understand the relationships between the characters (but how could she understand that Julianne Moore was playing a lesbian?). Fourteen years later, I do not remember having seen him since, but I always remember that day in 1997 when I said no to a English woman who wanted me to come see her. What we can be when one is con teen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment