Friday, February 11, 2011

Stomach Hurts And Peeing Alot

2011 has already given us the beautiful film

The weeks pass, 2011 is becoming increasingly real, and I realize that I do not talk enough about movies that attracted me since the beginning of the year. I spent so much time thinking about those who had marked in 2010, and write about those who make me dream for the coming months, I have not bothered to say that early this year, there had already been of great cinema. Finally, if, once. But there was still better than The Green Hornet (and here I've heard them grumble at their screen was not even that good the first Gondry!).

Of course there have been two-thirds of a good film to Eastwood. Of course there was Luis Tosar and Even the rain. But above all there was Sofia Coppola and Denis Villeneuve. Somewhere and Fire . An exploration of existential emptiness and a quest for identity through the years. Nap poolside private one, revelations human public pool for the other. Of laps in a Ferrari for one, perilous crossings through the bullets for each other. Two films that have nothing to do, but two films that mark the beginning year of the print quality.

Somewhere , or the power of hypnosis. Fire, or the power of narrative. I walked out dazed and fascinated the first. I am stunned and moved out of the second. No, Coppola did not steal his Golden Lion at Venice. Yes, Canada deserves to win the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film at the Hollywood ceremony next. I could spread the whole lines, but sometimes being concise enough to express admiration and emotion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment