Wednesday, February 2, 2011

London Ontario Cooking Lessons

Not even time to pee in Champo!

cinémaniaque I'm on the edges (it seems ...), some situations experienced in the cinema leaves me convinced that there is no need to be as passionate as those to get excited and be meticulous in his role of spectator. A few days ago, I paid the price, and a few other spectators, a trick of arthouse cinema in Paris, which disappointed me enormously. To not name it, this movie is The Champo Espace Jacques Tati, and the mishap which it relates is as follows.

My friend and I were going Odie in the room of the Latin Quarter for The Lady from Shanghai in new copy. There is little I discovered on the big screen Citizen Kane , and emerged from that other masterpiece of Orson Welles was timely for the thirsty classics that I am right now. The direction thus Champo a Sunday afternoon session 15.30. Arrived at 15.20, we take our place in the queue along the sidewalk of the Rue des Ecoles. In the cold of course, but that nobody can do anything. After a few minutes, an employee of the film passes through the ranks to ensure that everyone has already bought his place. Pshaw not. Not us. Nevermind, I rush on hand to take our places in the queue and returns.

3:25 p.m.. 15:30. 15:35. 15:40. "What are they doing here? The meeting was not supposed to be at 15:30? . One emerges L'Officiel des Spectacles and checked. 15.30, that's right. For cons, the time of the previous meeting catches my eye. 14h. And the film lasts how long? 1:30 plus 10 minutes of sitting. Oh agreed. Ok all clear. Session 14h. Film at 14:10. End of the film at 15:40. And the time that all the spectators stand up and get dressed, it grows to 3:45 p.m. this. But why the stall next meeting in 1530, knowing that it will not actually start until 15:45, at best? And the next at 17.10, another zone at the same time mathematically impossible to meet?

The inevitable consequence is that we enter in room with a quarter of an hour late. I warned Odie "You take a place to 5th place I'm off to the bathroom and I'll join you." I know If I had known I would have gone before, but what do you ... And obviously I was not alone in this case, and after discovering that there was no toilet in this room that it was out and down to the second room of the cinema to go to the bathroom, I started thinking that I might well miss the start of the film. With three people queuing in front of me, it was clear (and believe me that the toilet mixed with grannies is not fast ...). Finally I'm here I stay, and when at last I return indoors (and still others were still in line behind me), it was plunged into darkness, the film started, the opening credits clearly already completed. And when I say dive in the dark "is not in form. A night scene in which Orson Welles led a carriage which is Rita Hayworth in black and white, it illuminates nothing. I walk blindly into the room, in the central span in which grope other viewers before me and behind me, looking for a place.

I'm looking Odie, sitting around the 5th row I distinguish nothing, I scan, and finally I mark, after a row. Damn. I'm going to bother the spectators. I whisper "Sorry" "Sorry" while moving the row to Odie, crushing against my feet, and heard murmurs and gasps. Sorry, I understand, for them it annoys me too. Finally I sit down, disappointed and upset I missed at first glance, a good five minutes of film. The delay that happens, I do not take offense. But this is not an unforeseen delay. This is poor management of the cinema, which is miscalculated its meetings, either chose them without worrying about the discomfort that this would have on its viewers. And that need not be a cinémaniaque to be offended.

course of the film Welles has still managed to carry me, after a transition period during which my excitement was hard to dissipate. But the mastery of the filmmaker and the sensuality of Rita Hayworth were able to prevail over the circumstances, ultimately. Like Green Zone and Arietty had known reverse specific conditions. Leaving The Lady from Shanghai, we drew a line on the possible project to follow up with The law of silence Hitchcock, programmed in the other room Champo. I had no desire to set foot in this movie after this projection massacred. It was therefore direction to Latina New Map of the Sounds of Tokyo Isabel Coixet. Not a wise choice frankly, despite the beautiful atmosphere Tokyo, but Montgomery Clift wait a bit ...

Over the years, I had not missed the beginning of a movie. The last two times, I remember it perfectly, it was to Kung Fu Panda (waiting for a friend before the movie while waiting in the room ...) and Sicko (long hesitation with a friend to the cinema before deciding to Michael Moore). I hope the next is not forthcoming.

(PS: This week, The Champo changed their screening times for The Lady from Shanghai, leaving more space between sessions ... like it!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment