Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lobster Boat Scale Model

Korean spring ... DVD

I have nothing against DVD, but good movies for me is the movies they watch and appreciate best. When I want to see a film is film and not on my TV screen (old films is same). So it always makes me a little trouble when I see films that I would have seen on the big screen coming straight to DVD. Unfortunately when it comes to Korean cinema, opportunities to see movies on the big screen are quite rare films not traveling all that much to the Parisian cinemas.

Films authors are better represented, through festivals and curiosity a film buff, but films with a more Popular are extremely rare. When one casts an eye on the Korean films released in cinema in recent months, the gap is immense. A handful of regulars have the honors of the rooms, as Park Chan-Wook , Hong Sang-Soo, Kim Ki-Duk, Im Sang-Soo, Lee Chang Dong or Bong Joon-Ho, and others remain to most invisible, with few exceptions here and there (including Breathless).

no Korean film has come out in 2011, and the timing of spring is depressing for any fan of the genre: one is about to release a film in the weeks to come. Bad luck, in addition, it is a film that has already been shown several times in Paris and I saw last year at the resumption of the Cannes Film Reflet Medicis: Ha Ha Ha Hong Sang-Soo, who had also rightly awarded the Un Certain Regard 2010. Apparently, in passing, that the film would enjoy only 10 copies (according to the French Film) week of its release on March 16. A little thin. After that, the only Korean film certainly on the horizon will be for July, the famous I met the Devil Kim Ji-Woon.

So on DVD that Korean films are most honored in the coming weeks. Three notable films are land and in the next three months in this format. The first landed March 15: Woochi, the magician of modern times (in VO, Jeon Woo Chi), one of the big success of the Korean box office in 2010 (six million tickets anyway!). Well I must admit that I never envisaged that a Korean fantasy action film released in theaters in France, so no surprise, although I would have liked to see the movies Kim Yoon-Seok, the charismatic actor of The Chaser ...

The other two films, however, I really did see the movie through the box before they eventually end up on pancakes. First Into the Fire, announced April 2, a film taking part in the Korean War hero and students embedded in the conflict. Blood Brothers showed that films dealing with the conflict between North and South could achieve French cinemas, but it will not be the case with this one. Yet last fall, when the acquisition of CTV International film was announced, it seemed it was for distribution in theaters, I was very happy ... What a disappointment. The film was also well card in Korea, attracting 3.3 million viewers.

But without question, the film whose speedy passage through the DVD box surprises me most is Bedevilled Jang Cheol-Soo. While the film has not met the same success as the other two, but this movie bloody slice everything is part of the selection of the Cannes Critics' Week in May 2010, and won the Grand Prix of the recent Festival Gerardmer Fantastic Film. I saw him last year the Cinematheque, but I was in a bad physical condition that night and to be honest I barely remember the film because of it. But even if the Korean films that go through Cannes and won awards at other festivals French do not see themselves offered the chance to hit theaters ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment