Monday, February 21, 2011

Should I Wax My Eyebrows For Piercing?

Kyrgyz

diversity in film, there is nothing else real. If I was a teenager when I contented myself with happiness for French films and American plus a few exceptions here and there, those days are far behind me. As time passes, my desire to film walks a desire elsewhere. From all corners of the world. I can no longer satisfy me films that everyone talks about. I also want to see those who also take me to the discovery of men, women, cultures and landscapes that will transport me into the new. It is this curiosity that led me gradually to Korean cinema. Like my comfort now put viewers at risk and try everything (until Bulgarian cinema ).

2011 I started smoothly, with little more than twenty passages in theaters yet, but I managed to go snooping around. Thus, between the American and French films of rigor, I took time from January 1 to go explore films English, British, Mexican, Japanese, Canadian, Chinese and Argentinian (and I intend to 'to see an Iranian and a Chilean in the coming days ...). And Kyrgyzstan. It's not every day that is given to see a movie of this small Asian country the former USSR. So naturally, my thirst for Alien movies (yes, Kyrgyzstan is exotic to the movies!) has responded to see what it looked like a movie there.

The film in question is Thief light, a film festival by including past Fortnight 2010, which will hit theaters in a few days. The director, Aktan FYROM Kubat, plays himself in the title role of the film: an electrician illegally providing light to those in her village who can not afford electricity. Everybody calls him Mr. Light. It going from house to house to enlighten others, dreaming of wind while the area was suspended in elections that see men in suits unscrupulous lying around. With its half-boiled half-tragic comedy that recalls Takeshi Kitano , Aktan FYROM Kubat is the heart of a film under the calm and simplicity hides a portrait attentive and engaged on the situation of the country. A country that since it came out of Soviet struggles to stabilize politically and where corruption gangrene society.

Under his attire posed film, The Thief of Light concerned about this instability constant of the long teeth from sniffing the grass where it was grazing. He worries about the search for profit and power being always at the expense of the weakest. Behind the smiles of fiction, draws Kubat filigree uncertainty, melancholy. But there are many smiles. The thief of light based on a lightweight browsing the film nicely. Starting with those of the electrician Robin Hood, climbing poles and trees, gentle dreamer who chooses to embrace his neighbor without ulterior motive. There is also the look on his fellow citizens, their smiles, their funny white hats planted on the head with a charming bonhomie and poetic. A comical atmosphere sometimes approaching those of East European cinema.

I discovered cinema Kyrgyzstan. A simple film, whose sweetness hides muffled cries of distress.

0 comments:

Post a Comment